- This topic is empty.
June 2, 2022 at 1:53 am #3646Solutions James
At one point in the past, traveling to Nigeria seem like the best option for Nigeria passport holders in UK to renew their passports. However, in recent times, renewing one’s passport in Uk is not only fast, but reassuring.
From testimonies, renewing your passport at the Nigeria embassy will take about 4-5 hours in office process, and 2 weeks processing time. We will get to this later. Let’s start.
You need your NIN to complete the process. So, if you don’t have it, this might be your first hustle before proceeding.
1. Visit the passport application/renewal page to start. CLICK ME
2. Proceed with the standard e passport, renewal option and follow all the steps. From experiences and testimonies gathered, using a laptop/desktop PC/desktop view on powerful phone browsers is better.
3. After filling the forms and making payments, you will get acknowledgement mails and all. Before you leave the page, print out the form that you just filled. You will see your responses, print (save as pdf) on your device. Keep them, Next is to just proceed to seal an appointment slot. CLICK ME to book appointment slot for your biometrics
4. What you need to note on the form you saved (no 3) is your application no and reference no. Proceed to CLICK ME. Input your application no and reference no to print your
a. Acknowledgement of pay slip
b. Appointment booking slip
c. And the form you saved.
Have these three things accompany you on the day
In addition to those three, you need to visit any post office, ask them you want to buy 20pound postal order in favor of Nigeria high commission. Go in with cash as most Don’t take card payment for this order. Secondly, get a “self addressed envelope” from the post office. (This is what the embassy will need to mail your new passport to your home address.
When you have gotten those six (the sixth one is your old/expiring passport) things, visit the address of the Nigeria Embassy on your appointment date: 9 Northumberland Ave, London WC2N 5BX, United Kingdom.
The 4-5 hours process is simple on the day:
A queue outside the embassy where some guys will check you in and give you a number. (So arrive earlier than your appointment time by at least 2 hours)
You will proceed to the Ground floor where you sit and wait to be called. Here, they check your documents again and inform you of the things to write on your documents.
Wait for your range of number to be called upstairs for biometrics
Upstairs: you wait to be called for biometrics and photo capturing and sent for delivery arrangements.
And that’s it…
Sample of postal order:
Sample of self addressed envelope:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.